Frequently Asked Questions
We greatly appreciate it.
- The first step to configuring your Billion router for use with FaktorTel is to login to the administration section of the router.
- Open your web browser and type the following address: http://192.168.1.254
- You should now see a screen which looks like the diagram below:
- SIP: Enable
- RTP Port: 5100
- Region: AUS
- Voice QOS, DSCP Marking: Best Effort
- Registrar Address ( Or Hostname ): sip.faktortel.com.au or, ( prepaid.faktortel.com.au if using the prepaid service )
- Registrar Port: 5060
- Expire: 3600
- User Domain / Realm: Leave Blank
- Outbound Proxy Address: Leave Blank
- Outbound Proxy Port: 5060
- Phone Number: Your FaktorTel USER ID ( 09xxxxxx )
- Authentication Username: Your FaktorTel USER ID ( 09xxxxxx )
- Authentication Password: Your FaktorTel PASSWORD
- Confirm Password: Your FaktorTel PASSWORD
- Display Name: Enter in your name here ( E.g. " FaktorTel " )
- Priority 1: G.729
- Priority 2:PCMU ( G.711 A-Law )
- Priority 3:PCMU ( G.711 U-Law )
- Click on the " Apply " button down the bottom of the page.
- Click on the " Save Config " button on the bottom of the page. Step 7:
In the Username section enter: admin
In the Password section enter: admin
You should now be logged into your Billion Router.Step 2:
You now need to configure the VOIP section of your router for use with FaktorTel.
Fortunately with the Billion products, they have provided a nice interface for doing so.
First, click on the " Configuration " option in the side menu, as shown below:
Then, click on the " VOIP " option in the menu which appears underneath it, as shown below:
Then click on the " General Settings " option in the menu which appears next, as shown below:
Now that you have clicked on " General Settings " you should be viewing the screen and menu as shown below:
This menu is where you will configure the FaktorTel general settings.
Please be certain that you have the following settings for your device below:
* Additional Note:
We are only setting up phone port 1, you may duplicate the settings for phone port 2
Then click on the " Apply " button at the bottom.
* Importantly, click on the " Save Config " button after clicking the Apply button.
We now need to setup the actual FaktorTel account and password in the device.
To do this we need to go to the " Phone Port " menu as shown below:
After clicking on the " Phone Port " option you should now see a menu as shown below:
Now click on the " Edit " link, located next to the first phone port. ( It's circled in RED on the screenshot above )Step 5:
You should now be presented with a menu like the one shown below:
Fill in the settings in the menu items above as follows:
* The rest of the fields can be left blank. These only control speed-dial options for your unit if required.
Your new router is now setup for use with Faktortel VoIP.
Simply click on the " Restart " button at the bottom of the menu and after 60 seconds when the router reboots you should be able to start using your Faktortel telephone by plugging a normal handset into the " Line 1 " port at the back of your router.